Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My blog for spread the love :)

                   I've never really written a blog, and have no idea what exactly it is I should be writing about, so what better thing to talk about other than how much doing hair means to me.I'm just going to speak from my heart :) Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamed of having an important  career that I can change lives with.
                  All through high school my friends would talk about plans of college and plans of careers and I would draw a blank. I had passion for nothing and felt like I was not good at anything. Any time something was hard for me I walked away from it and never looked back. I went through a lot of really tough things in high school and seeing no path to a career did not help at all.When you feel like you're going no where it is a tough thing to deal with. I got really depressed and forgot about a lot of really important things. It was so hard for me, I was always the happy bubbly girl with a smile on her face and ready to talk your ear off.
                 Then my aunt told me her friend had a cosmetology school in town. The second that I walked in I got butterflies. I've always said I wanted to be a hair stylist but was always to afraid to pursue my dreams. I decided it was time for a change, I was enrolled and began school the next month. It was absolutely terrifying I was so scared to let myself and my parents down. When I first started I found my passion! I found what I loved and was ready for the hard work. It got harder and people I went to school with began to make negative comments and really bring me down at one point I was ready to quit. I was letting these peoples negative comments take from my passion. I then realized this is my dream, this is what I finally have passion for , its what I've been waiting for. I went every day, and worked really hard at it. When the time came to go for my state board I studied harder than I've ever studied in my life. I proved to myself and everyone who doubted me, I got a 98! I graduated and started at Mastercuts and have been there since. When people ask what I do for a living I can hold my head up high and say "I'm a hair stylist". Its the best feeling in the world. I never thought I would be where I am today.
                    But still I wanted more. I wanted to change lives with my job. Yes styling their hair was making changes for them but I wanted more. I then realized what I can do with this gift and talent is amazing. I was working at the soup kitchen serving food when a woman asked what I did , when I told the woman what I did she told me a story that changed me forever.She told me that she saved her money for 3 years to get her haircut and when she got it done after all that it wasnt done right. She had to start saving another 3 years to try to get the cut she wanted. After that I started going to the soup kitchen and giving free haircuts to underprivileged people. The thank you's I got and the appreciation they had for this was so moving. One man told me the second time I went that after the first haircut I gave him he went out on job interviews he didn't get the job but he felt better when he went. I finally have a job that I'm proud of and I'm changing lives. I feel like I have so much I can learn but so much passion and love I can pass on to everyone. As corny as it sounds I just want to inspire move and help as many people as I possibly can with this career.

                                                  This is me changing lives with cuts at the soup kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment